Q. My car towing a trailer maximum combination weight not exceeding 3500kgs

A. This is a Class B licence your car licence allows you to tow a trailer over 750kgs so long as the combination weight of 3500kgs is not exceeded, for example a car weighing 2000kgs + trailer 1500kgs = 3500kgs so if you passed your driving test after 1st January 1997 you can still tow the family caravan if the above weights are not exceeded so you do not need to take a further test.

Q. How about a car weighing 3500kgs with a trailer weight over 750kgs

A. This is a B+E vehicle as the combination weight exceeds 3500kgs and you passed your car driving test after 1st January 1997 you need to take a B+E test allowing you to drive a heavy motor car up to 3500kgs with a trailer in excess of 750kgs.

Q. I need this licence what is the next step

A. You will require training for your B+E driving test, this will include practising set exercises such as the reversing / uncoupling / recoup-ling procedures and sufficient on road driving depending on your ability.

Q. How much will this cost

A. It really depends on you, we provide training by the hour, and can supply a suitable trailer if you wish to use your own vehicle, this reduces your cost significantly and we find that most of our trainees prefer this option, particularly as they are already familiar with their own vehicle.

Q. I want to book a course how can I do this.

A. Just phone or email A.T.T. with your details and we will discuss your options, arrange a free driving assessment,  manage and book your practical driving test / training schedule to suit you / and only require the DSA test fee of £115.00 deposit for your practical test when you confirm your training dates.

Q. I want to drive a vehicle weighing more than 3500kgs

A. This is an Lgv Class C1 vehicle, you need to be at least 18 years of age to gain this entitlement, at A.T.T. we provide the most suitable training vehicle for you to gain your licence as quickly and cost effectively as possible, our 5500kg Renault is very user friendly allowing you to build your confidence up to the standard of a professional Lgv driver.

Q. What do I need to do?

A.  You need a provisional Lgv licence, to obtain this you will be required to take a medical examination using your own doctor (or one we recommended) the Doctor will complete a special medical form called a D4 don’t worry the medical is just to ensure you are fit to drive a Large Goods Vehicle and only takes around 10 minutes to complete, if you wear prescription glasses you will need to take a separate eyesight test at your local opticians, you will then complete a D2 licence application form which we will help you to complete.

Call, 01527 465648

Call to arrange your free driving assessment